The block for March 2006 is the "Indian Star" block
Each finished block measures 12 inches square. (12 ½ X 12 ½ inches unfinished).
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton pre-washed fabrics.
Select a tone-on-tone dark green print, a medium print with green in it, and a cream or ivory fabric for the background.
1. From the dark green fabric, cut six 3 1/2-inch squares.
2. From the background fabric,
cut two 3 1/2-inch squares and
four 3 1/2-inch x 6
3. From the medium green fabric, cut eight
3 1/2-inch squares.
5. Take each of the medium green squares and draw a line with a pencil from one corner to the opposite corner on the back of the fabric. With right sides together, lay one of the squares on the top, left corner of an ivory rectangle. Refer to graphic 5. Sew from one pencil drawn corner to the opposite corner. Trim to 1/4-inch from the edge and press to the dark side.
6. Do the same on the opposite corner of the rectangle. See graphic 6. Repeat with the remaining green squares and ivory rectangles. There will be four "flying geese" units when you are finished.
Your completed unfinished block will measure 12 ½ inches.
Happy Saint Patrick's Day everyone!!