The block for January 2005 is the "Beauty Patch" block
Each finished block measures 12 inches square. (12 ½ X 12 ½ inches unfinished).
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton pre-washed fabrics.
Choose a primarily blue medium shade floral, Hunter green & springy yellow tone-on-tone fabrics, and a white-on-white for the background.
1. Cut four 3 1/2-inch squares from
the Hunter green fabric.
2. Cut four 3 7/8-inch squares from the blue
4. From the white material, cut four
3 1/2-inch squares & two 3 7/8-inch squares.
5. With right sides together, sew each of the yellow
triangles to a floral triangle along the long side of the triangles
using a 1/4" seam allowance. Press seams to the floral sides.
6. With right sides together, sew each of the white triangles to a floral triangle along the long side of the triangles. Press seams to the floral sides.
7. Using graphic 7 as a reference, assemble the sections into rows, then assemble rows into a finished block. Remember to pin at each intersection to ensure corners match.
Your completed unfinished block will measure 12 ½ inches.