The block for June 2004 is the "Steps to the Altar" block
The finished block measures 12 inches square. (12 ½ X 12 ½ inches unfinished).
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton pre-washed fabrics.
Choose a spring floral medium print fabric for the flowers, a pastel green tone-on-tone or small print fabric for the accent color and a white-on-white for the background.
1. From the white fabric, Cut three 5-inch squares and six 2 1/2-inch squares. Cut the two 5-inch squares in half from one corner to the other.
2. From the green fabric, cut one 5-inch square and
six 2 1/2-inch squares. Cut the larger square in half
from corner to corner.
3. From the floral fabric, cut two 5-inch squares.
Cut the two squares in half like the others.
4. With right sides together and using a 1/4-inch seam allowance,
sew each of the green triangles to a white triangle along the long sides.
You should end up with two green & white HST squares like those
5. Then sew each of the floral triangles to a white triangle
along the long sides. You will end up with four floral & white
HST squares like those in graphic 5. Press to the dark side and trim
the square to 4 1/2 inches.
6. With right sides together and using a 1/4-inch seam allowance,
sew each of the green 2 1/2-inch squares to a white 2 1/2-inch square.
You should have six green & white pairs. Sew two of
the pairs together with the greens in opposite corners to form a square like
that in graphic 6. Remember to pin well at the intersections to ensure
your corners match up as closely as possible. Press. Repeat to
make the other two 4-patch squares.
7. Refering to graphic 7, assemble the block by sewing
the pieces together into 3 separate rows first.
THAT'S IT !!!!!