The block for April/May 2004 is "A Dandy" block
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton pre-washed fabrics.
The finished block measures 12 inches square. (12 ½ X 12 ½ inches unfinished).
Choose a dark red tone-on-tone or small print fabric for the star and a white-on-white for the background.
1. From the white fabric, Cut five 4 1/2-inch squares and two 5-inch squares. Cut the two 5-inch squares in half from one corner to the other.
2. From the red fabric, cut two 5-inch squares
and eight 2 1/2-inch squares. Cut the two larger squares
in half from corner to corner.
3. Take each of the eight 2 1/2-inch red squares and
a line from one corner to the opposite corner on the BACK of the
(If you prefer, you can fold them in half from corner to corner
4. Repeat step three with the opposite corner of
square. (see graphic 4)
5. With right sides together and using a 1/4-inch seam
allowance, sew each of the red triangles to a white triangle along the
You should end up with four red & white HST squares like
6. Refering to graphic 6, assemble the block by
sewing the pieces together into 3 separate rows first.
THAT'S IT !!!!!