February 2004’s block is a Scrappy Spring Quilt pattern
The block measures 10 inches square. (10 ½ X 10 ½ inches unfinished).
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton pre-washed fabrics.
Choose four coordinating medium floral pastel fabrics for the center square and another floral for the background (a very small print will probably work best).
1. Cut one 3-inch square from each the four coordinating fabrics.
2. From the background fabric, cut two 3-inch by 5 1/2-inch
3. With right sides together and using a 1/4-inch seam allowance,
sew the four floral squares together into a 4-square block. Sew the
squares into pairs first and then sew the pairs together. Pin well
at the intersection before sewing to ensure that all points match as perfectly
as possible. Press.
4. Refering to graphic 4 for placement, sew one 5 1/2" rectangle to each side of the 4-square block.
5. Refering to graphic 5, complete the block by sewing the two 10 1/2" rectangles to the top and bottom of the block.
THAT'S IT !!!!!