January 2001ís block was a PinwheelThe block measures 12 inches square. (12½ inches unfinished). This is a simple pinwheel block using navy blue tone-on-tone fabric and solid white.
Instructions: Use good quality, 100% cotton pre-washed fabrics. Follow the instructions below for each block.
1. Cut two 6 7/8 inch squares from each of the dark and light fabric.
2. Place the light squares on the dark square, right sides together.
3. Draw a diagonal line and sew ¼ inch from the line, then turn and sew ¼ inch from the other side of the line. Repeat.
4. Cut along the drawn lines, between the stitching, and press the seams toward the darker fabric.
5. Join the four quarters together to form the block, as shown in the graphic. BE CAREFUL that all the blue triangles are going in the correct direction.
Your completed unfinished block will measure 12½
Back to Block of the Month